In this video, we will explore how inheritance works in Dart. The main and important part is the abstract class principle.
- [Joris] Welcome to the video on inheritance.…In the previous video,…we looked to how to create a class in Dart.…How to add a field and a constuctor to it…and how to instantiate it.…In this video,…we're going to take a look at…creating an abstract class…and we will see how to extend these multiple classes.…Last but not least,…we will take it all into practice.…Inheritance is when a class is based upon another class…using the same implementation to maintain…the same behavior.…
It is a great mechanism for code reuse.…In object oriented programming,…you have two types of inheritance.…You have the single inheritance…where the subclass inherits the features…of one super class.…A class acquires the properties of another class B.…Then when you have multiple inheritance…where one class can have more than one super class,…and inherits features from all the parent classes.…In Dart, you will find only single inheritance.…
One class can extend from another class.…This is what we'll bring into practice right now.…First of all,…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications