When you want to start off with your application, you will want to have a baseline as a starting point. With Dart, we have tools such as stagehand to help us with providing options to create a Dart web application.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the video…on Creating a Basic Web Application.…In the previous video,…we learned how we could use Dart in the console,…and what are the pub commands.…In this video, we will see how to install…global commands using stagehand,…then, we would create our web application,…and finally, run our application,…and we'll see the results in the browser.…With the command pub global,…we can install a global command line tool,…in our case, we want to install stagehand.…
Stagehand will help you to create Dart applications…quickly, easily, and correctly.…It generates the scaffolding…that you will need to get started.…Now, we're going to create a folder…with the name of our project, in our case, it is mud.…After that, we need to go the folder location.…
And then, we execute stagehand, followed by web-simple,…because we want to create a web application.…Now, we can run pub get,…to resolve our dependencies that our application needs.…Every Dart application has dependencies…on the pieces of software code.…With pub get, we can fetch these dependencies,…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications