When we want to have an initial state of our application, we want some data to be already in our system. This video will explain how to look at MongoDB data and how to write an initial data script.
- [Joris] Welcome to the video on serving data.…In the previous video we learned how to…write your own Rest API and your first Rest API method.…In this video, we're going to take a look at how to start…with MongoDB and how to put our initial data into…your MongoDB instance.…When you have data in Mongo, it is also easier to view…this data so we will look at a tool to make this possible.…Then, we will serve this data in our API…that we created in the previous video.…
First of all, you need to go to MongoDB.org…and download MongoDB.…MongoDB is a no-sequel database that can hold data values…in an unstructured way.…It is mostly used for big data applications…and is very popular.…At MongoDB Getting Started Guide, you will find…more information to get you further with MongoDB.…
Once you have installed your MongoDB,…you need to create a data folder.…The data will be stored in this folder.…After that, you can execute command that will fire up…a MongoDB instance on your computer.…Now you can add a new dot file in the lib folder,…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications