Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of DaVinci Resolve Guru: Hardware for Color Correction.
- You know Pat, before we jump into the heart of this course we should probably discuss the pre-requisites for this title. - Right, and it's easy, 'cause there's only one pre-requisite which is to follow along, you should simply love colour correction, and have at least a working knowledge of DaVinci Resolve. - Hold on, that's not just one, that's two things. (laughing) - It is, but they're almost the same. (laughing) - It's true. Well, this title assumes you have a basic understanding of what DaVinci Resolve is, and what it does. We're going to explore the essentials of hardware for a DaVinci Resolve system.
- Yeah, and your last point is actually an important one because by no means is this meant to be an encyclopedia of hardware options for DaVinci Resolve. I mean, the fact is that the requirements for DaVinci Resolve are always changing. And then you've got things like BIOS settings, slots for PCI cards, where they should go, how to configure a driver for a piece of gear. Those details, they don't make a lot of sense in a title like this, because there are hundreds of combinations.
What we want to do is give you the ground rules so you can approach your particulars in an intelligent manner, and we will show you how to figure out the particulars of your setup, even if you're watching this two or three years from now. - Agreed. For this title, we want to give you an overview of the essential hardware considerations for a DaVinci Resolve system. But your particular workflows will determine your exact needs. And Pat, there is one more thing that we should mention, that this course differs from other Guru titles here on the site.
Because we're discussing gear and not technique there are actually no exercise files for this course. And while we might point you to a manufacturers website, for example, shown as an on-screen text banner, there is no follow along for each movie in this title. - Right, but we'll do our best to make our discussion about gear for DaVinci Resolve interesting and fun because for gearheads like us, gear is fun. And hopefully we'll infect you with our enthusiasm.
- Understanding Linux, Mac, and Windows Resolve systems
- Key hardware components: CPU, RAM, and GPU
- Video reference monitors
- Control surfaces
- Hardware accessories for color correction