Join Robbie Carman for an in-depth discussion in this video Waveform options, part of DaVinci Resolve Guru: Mastering Scopes.
- Let's start out exploring the Waveform scope in Resolve…by taking a look at several configuration options…available for the Waveform.…Under these options,…you can setup the Waveform to not only match your preference…but to also help you evaluate the video signal…in different ways.…Here in our project,…I've opened up this sequence to this timeline,…02_01_WaveformOptions.…For the rest of this title,…I'm going to increase the size of the viewer here…and I'll do that by pressing opt or alt + f on my keyboard…to get into my enhanced viewer…as we won't really need to mess…with the node graph or the gallery.…
Again, I'll open up my scopes…by using the keyboard shortcut shift + ctrl + w…because I'm on a PC,…on a Mac that would be cmd + shift + w.…And because we're talking about the Waveform,…I need to switch over to the Waveform.…Now, what I didn't mention…when we initially launched the scopes…in a previous movie in this title…was this little button down here…that you're going to find on every single scope.…Notice how it looks like a set of little sliders.…
- Opening and configuring scopes
- Evaluating color, contrast, and balance with a waveform
- Evaluating skin tone and saturation with a vectorscope
- Using RGB Parade or the Histogram
- Matching shots using scopes
- Guiding look development with scopes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Scope Essentials
Types of video scopes2m 25s
2. The Waveform
3. The Vectorscope
4. The RGB Parade
5. The Histogram
6. Evaluation Workflows
Where to go from here1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.