Join Patrick Inhofer for an in-depth discussion in this video Conclusion, part of DaVinci Resolve 12 Advanced Color Grading.
- I am constantly amazed at the pace of development…of DaVinci Resolve.…Blackmagic's commitment to continually updating…and rethinking this software is evident.…Even in this, 8.5 version.…For most other software companies,…this would have been considered…a brand new version of a software.…Now, don't forget to search the library…for the Resolve guru series, where we dig deep…on very specific topics related to DaVinci Resolve…and of course, my Resolve essentials…and Resolve advanced series…where even long-time Resolve colorists tell me…they continue to find nuggets of golden information.…
Thanks for joining me and happy color grading.…
Indie feature film and broadcast colorist Patrick Inhofer puts these more sophisticated features to practical use—color-grading shots from a documentary. Along the way, he covers the Resolve Studio databases, media management, advanced primary and secondary color-correction techniques, and even Resolve performance optimization. Follow along with the three "In Action" chapters to learn how to create a base grade, match shots, and build cinematic looks. Plus, get a glimpse into the advanced features available only in DaVinci Resolve Studio, such as motion effects and noise reduction, to help you decide if you need to upgrade to the paid version of DaVinci Resolve.
It doesn't matter what kinds of projects you shoot or edit. This training will help you develop your color correction "muscles" and deliver better results more reliably every time.
- Understanding Resolve's database structure and options
- Managing and relinking media
- Using the advanced primary and secondary tools
- Working with the sizing menu
- Advanced tracking
- Comparing shots in split-screen
- Reducing noise
- Increasing playback performance in DaVinci Resolve
- Rendering, delivering, and archiving footage
- Applying Resolve's tools to real-world projects
- Learning a repeatable workflow for the entire color grading process
Skill Level Advanced
1. Advanced Database Concepts
2. Additional Media and Edit Page Concepts
3. Advanced Color Page Concepts: Primary Corrections
4. Advanced Color Page Concepts: Secondary Corrections
5. Studio-Only Tools and Workflows
6. Increasing Playback Performance
7. Color Management and ACES
8. Rendering, Delivering, and Archiving
9. In Action: Cold Open—the Base Grade
10. In Action: Cold Open—Shot Matching
11. In Action: Building a Look
Cold open: Closing thoughts1m 32s
12. What's New in Resolve 12.5
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.