Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a projector to create custom backdrops, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now Rich, we just talked about…using an overhead projector.…- Yeah. - I just kind of wanted to go…harking back to your era of technology.…- Oh yes, death by powerpoint.…- But nowadays, a better option in my mind,…besides the overhead projector, is well, a projector.…We can find business class projectors like this…at the local big box electronic store…for relatively affordable prices.…You can even find pico projectors,…those small projectors that are about…the same size as a cell phone to use for this purpose.…
Now Rich, how would I actually go about…using a projector like this to kind of project something…onto a wall or a screen or something like that?…- Well it's pretty straight forward.…You need to get this thing connected to a computer.…What you're going to do is find a projector…that works with your computer system.…I picked a projector that has HDMI,…so it's really easy to connect…to display port or an HDMI port,…so I don't have to get in lots of adapters.…Once you've got that done, it's pretty simple.…You're just going to open the logo up in an application.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.