Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a portable backdrop, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- I'm here in the Media Factory DC Studios…in the Washington, DC area with DP, Kevin Bradley.…Kevin, thanks for joining us.…And Kevin, I want to talk to you a little bit…about the use of portable white backdrops.…When I think about white backgrounds or white backdrops,…I think fashion photography and commercials.…I think Apple commercials.…I think just kind of that pop.…And clients are always asking for these things…because it does feel clean.…It lets colors pop.…It lets skin tones pop.…What's your general feeling about the use…of a white background?…- I like them.…
I don't use them for everything.…It's a look also called the "cloud chamber"…which is just a seamless, seamless white background.…What it's meant to kind of look like…is that you're in this endless room.…There's no end to it in sight.…It's also perfectly white.…There's no shadow detail.…There's no texture to it.…It's just a beautiful, endless background.…- Right, so of course you could use a white wall…or something like that, but we actually have a product here…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.