Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a portable backdrop system, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- All right, so Kevin, we have talked…about using just kind of some black fabrics, some duvetyne…or some felt or something like that as a background.…Now it's dawned on me that kind of the next step up…or kind of a little bit of sophistication is…that maybe I'm somewhere and I don't have some duvetyne,…or I don't have any fabric that I use,…or maybe I'm in a huge space and so I couldn't,…I want a nice wide shot.…I can't do that, and it dawns on me…that I might already have the tools to do this.…What am I talking about?…- Well, when you turn off the lights, you know,…they're top lights, the room's dark.…- Exactly.…
- Okay, so you might want to control that light.…So using all those flags and scrims and nets…and duvetyne that will control the light.…So if you're lighting something pretty simple,…such as a headshot like this, right?…What you might want to do is you might want to just flag off…some of that light and have a room…that's dark enough, big enough,…and, well, the light will fall off naturally into dark.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.