Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a pattern backdrop, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Alright so Rich, previously we saw…how we could cut our own GOBO…using foam board and an X-ACTO knife,…but you know what?…There are people who are probably…a little more skilled at doing that,…and in fact a lot of companies…have gone into this business. - Yeah.…- And we have a couple examples of some GOBOs right here.…And what these are,…these are plastic sheets…that have kind of been laminated, right,…to different kind of patterns.…This is almost like some tiger striping…or something like that.…The one that you have there looks like a window,…and indeed we have a whole roll of different patterns.…
And on the corners of these Rich what do we got?…- Velcro.…- Yep, and so this Velcro is simply…going to attach to a similar sized Velcro frame.…Just pin the corners there,…and there's your GOBO.…Now all you would have to do is place this into the scene,…shine a light through it.…Now that light Rich could be pure white-light.…- [Rich] Yeah.…- [Instructor] It could be colored light.…You might even diffuse that light…before it hits the GOBO just to give yourself…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.