Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using an inverter, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Robbie Carman: So Rich, we've already determined trees don't have power plugs,…or at least in this particular parts of the woods we're in.…Rich Harrington: I'm sure somewhere but I haven't found it yet.…Robbie: Right, so one of the things I've…been most exited about over the last couple of…years, and I know you actually turned me on to it, was the idea of using your car.…Rich: Yeah.…Robbie: To power things when you're in the field.…Rich: It's a giant generator that runs on gas.…Robbie: Right.…Or maybe even electricity, depending on what car you have, right?…Rich: Sure.…Robbie: And so what I actually did was, I…went to Home Depot and found this little guy, right?…Rich: Yeah. Robbie: Looks like a power strip.…I got some additional power power outlets here.…Rich: Yeah.…Robbie: On and off button. But check this end out.…
Rich: Mm-hm.…Robbie: What does this look like?…Rich: Well now they call it something like a DC12 outlet,…but when I grew up it was called the cigarette outlet.…Robbie: Right and a lot of cars actually have these in very convenient places.…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Intermediate
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.