Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a generator, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Rich Harrington: Sometimes you're not going to want to use a car for power.…Maybe you don't have enough batteries.…You actually have the option of going with a generator, right.…Robbie Carman: Yeah, and generator is a great option.…You can find it out at your local, you know, hardware store.…And they're available in different configurations.…Some of them are going to be diesel powered…ones that are huge and cost a lot of money.…Other ones are going to be, you know, just…regular gasoline powered that just have a couple of outlets.…And the cool thing about generators Rich, is that they serves two purposes,…right.…You can bring it in the field with you to power your gear, and then, hey, when…the next thunderstorm rolls through, you can power…your refrigerator, so all of your food doesn't spoil.…
Rich: Absolutely.…And this is just a piece of convenient equipment.…We've been in situations where even in the production…company, we've had a big storm and we've lost…power, and we were out and the laptops Plug…in laptops, and charging up the laptop, unplugging it.…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.