Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a duvetyne or fabric, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- So I'm here with DP Kevin Bradley, Kevin how are you man?…Good to see you.…And we're in the Media Factory Studios in Washington, D.C.…And as Rich and I mentioned at the start of this week,…we're talking about black backgrounds.…Now in your opinion, what does a black background…do for a shot?…- It's a classic look, much like the white psych…behind us, it's the opposite look of that obviously.…But you know sometimes if you're doing drama…or something a little more serious,…if it's a talking head, an interview,…someone talking to camera or something like that,…I think it just gives you a different look,…a darker look.…
- [Host] Yeah I agree, I mean to me…I think the black background sort of emotes the idea…of seriousness or drama or things of that nature.…Oftentimes with a black background, you'll see lit…kind of severely, so it's a little bit more fall off…on one side of the person's face kind of thing.…But I want to get your opinion because when it comes…to painting and big portable setups that we'll…talk about a little later, it can be a little complicated…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.