Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a DJ projector to create gobos, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now, if you know Rich like I do…you know that he hangs out at clubs.…- I actually used to be a DJ, so you be careful.…- (chuckle) No, but in all seriousness.…- I grew up on the south side of Chicago…during the house music revolution.…- In all seriousness, that's kind of scary,…but we have an item here that is traditionally…used in a club or for a DJ set-up.…You might have seen one at, you know,…your friends wedding that you went to a few weeks ago.…- Yeah.…- This is kind of a DJ projector, right.…And you'll kind of find this in most places…next to the smoke maker.…- Yeah.…- On the dance floor.…
But this is actually a really cool device…for creating Gobo's.…And the cool part about this Rich…is that Gobo's will actually animate and move.…- Yeah, what you could do is you just simply…unscrew this and inside you get…the metal Gobo's that can be loaded in,…and when you turn this on, this actually rotates…and what you can do is adjust the speed…and the intensity.…Also, using the front ring here we can turn…that and de-focus it.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 56s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.