Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting a black studio, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Let's continue our look at using backdrops.…And joining me is Director of Photography Kevin Bradley.…How are you doing Kevin?…- Good to be here Rich.…- Thanks.…And what we're going to do right now…is work with a portable backdrop system.…Kevin, what are some reasons…to use a portable black backdrop.…Have you ever been in the field and need one of these.…- There's a ton of reasons why you would…want to use a backdrop like this…as opposed to a big fabric backdrop.…For one thing, when you're going on the road…it makes no sense to carry a huge backdrop…which usually comes in a big bag.…It's very, very heavy material.…And then also you need a support system…to support that sort of thing.…
So what this does is it really splits the difference.…It gives you something that's portable…and yet has a decent amount of size to it…so it will actually be a cheap,…fast, easy fill in.…- Why don't we go ahead and set this up.…We're going to use the Lumapop from Digital Juice…and we're going to use the black side,…for a negative space, so let's go ahead and do it.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.