Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Lowel portable spotlight, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- You've got one of these over here,…I've got one here, this is the Lowel Ego light.…Can you turn that one on for a second?…And essentially it's a really soft, diffused surface.…It's kind of like a table lamp,…except it's a professional table lamp,…and what's that diffusion doing?…- Well it's taking away the shadows from the direct source…that's inside, in this case two CFL bulbs…which are pretty soft already,…but usually any direct bulb of any kind…is probably going to be a little harder than you want,…depending on the subject.…- This is a simple light…that uses two compact fluorescent bulbs.…
- So this is something you can pretty much get…at any hardware store, right?…And it's a CFL, it's very green,…it's very efficient, green as in ecologically green.…- Yes, not green color temperature.…- And you know, they are pretty high output…for the amount of power that they draw.…- This two light kit here would be…perfect for doing table top shots.…So if you frequently need to photograph or video…lots of products, maybe in a retail situation,…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.