Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Lowel Blender, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- With small compact lights,…sometimes one color temperature's not enough…and Jim we've got a couple of options here…that give us flexibility, right?…- Yeah it's the same thing as the larger units.…You have some options that are different layers…based on different price points, starting with just going…from simple daylight to Tungsten or both…and then like your Z90, you've got more choices.…- Well here with the Lowel Blender, it's essentially…two different color temperatures in one unit…so you can use all of the daylight or all of the Tungsten…or really dial in any specific mix you want.…
And why is it nice to have both of those in one fixture?…- Well again if you have to add color correction gels…or light modifiers to the front of the light,…you know you're cutting down the output of an already…very small light and you're taking an extra step…which also means more time.…- And this particular light is a Zylight as Jim mentioned…it has some flexibility.…We actually use these in our studios a lot…for special effects, but a simple dial in the back…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 56s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.