Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting with alternate sources, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Male 1: Hi, I'm Robbie Carman. Male 2: And I'm Rich Harrington.…Male 1: And welcome to another installment of DSLR video tips.…And Rich, this week we're sort of picking up with the topic of lighting in…the field, but this time we're going to be actually using lights instead of the sun.…Male 2: Yeah but still, no electrical outlets.…Male 1: Sure.…Male 2: And a lot of times people struggle with this.…Like, well, what am I going to do if there's no place to plug things in?…Well, there's a whole wealth of battery operated lights.…Male 1: Yeah, I mean, I, it's just mind-boggling actually how much this…segment of the lighting industry has just exploded over the past few years.…
And it's, you know, a large part due to…manufacturing's better, we can get things in smaller packages.…You know, now, with devices like these little…guys we're using LED lights instead of hot…lights so they can make them smaller, they can hand hold them, all sorts of stuff.…Male 2: Just four AA batteries and it puts…out quite a bit of light with a dimmer switch,…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.