Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video It’s all about creating patterns, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now Rich, when I think about a pattern with a light…my first thinking goes to like okay, what am I doing?…Something with the light bulbs in there?…Are they triangle light bulbs…versus cylindrical light bulbs?…That's not what we're really talking about, is it?…- No, this is really sort of like shadow puppets…if you think of it that way.…What's happening is we're going to break up the light…by putting something in front of it.…Now, not usually directly in front of it…'cause that can get dangerous.…Although next week we'll talk about things like…metal gobos that are designed to get…pretty close to the element.…But we're going to put things in front of the light…that break it up.…
So maybe you've seen the effects…of putting a lamp shade on.…Think of this as the more professional version.…- And you know, Rich, when I can think about gobos,…my mind just goes back to classic films.…Film noir and that kind of style of film…back in the '30s and '40s and '50s did this a lot.…So if you're looking for an example…of what we're going to be talking about this week…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 56s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.