Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Intensity and color temperature, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now we just got done looking…at some of the major benefits of LED lighting,…but since many of them are daylight only,…there could be some drawbacks…that you might want to think about…when you're choosing your lights.…In particular, if they are daylight balanced,…we had to use things like gels in the past, right?…- Yeah, and it's, you know, when you're using…this kind of gear,…probably you're all about speed and efficiency.…And so every time I have to go and find one of these…and slide it in front of the light that's time.…It cuts down the output of these units that are already…you want to have everything you've got…because it's just such a small unit, so…- Yeah.…
- If you want to get rid of those.…- If you're putting a gel in front…you are knocking down the intensity of the light by,…you're not just changing the color,…it actually sort of acts like a pair of sunglasses.…- Exactly.…- Now these particular lights all add a key feature.…On the back of yours there, you have some dials,…and what do they do?…- Well, there's the dimmer we talked about…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.