Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Gear overview, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- [Instructor] Every week on Video Gear Weekly…there's lots of little gadgets, doodads, accessories,…things we use to get the job done,…and we decided to add a extra, bonus segment,…sort of a behind-the-scenes on some of that gear.…Now, this week we talked about white backdrops…and we went in depth on a lot of the things,…but there's just a couple things to think about.…First up, one of the cheapest ways to get a white backdrop…- [Instructor] is paper! (laughs)…- [Instructor] Yeah. It's cheap, it's affordable,…it's disposable, you can order it for about 50 bucks…and have it shipped to a hotel room…for a job if you're on the road.…
- [Instructor] And if you tear it, scuff it up, rip it,…you're not going to feel, you know, the end of the world,…and best of all, if you have kids, you know,…give them the ripped-off pieces as extra coloring paper.…- [Instructor] There you go, yeah.…So this is a great, affordable way to have…that seamless backdrop.…That's going to work well for you.…Of course, you're going to need somewhere to hang it.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.