Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating the results, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Male 1: Okay.…We're back in the studio and like we've been doing for past episodes, let's take…a look at some of the footage and see how all these pieces really worked out.…We're in a car situation here.…Cars aren't known for great lighting.…Male 2: Not unless you're in a Rolls Royce or something where they…put those you know, really lights on just to make you feel more important.…Male 1: Yeah, and, and as we look at this here, you know, there's…nothing wrong with the shot, let's bring up the scope, I mean, you know,…we are not over exposed, we're not dramatically under…exposed, but I would say that it's not great, right?…Male 2: No, I mean the thing that is bothering you about…this is that, you know, his face is certainly dark, but that's okay.…
He's inside of car.…We do have a little highlight there, you know, some of the…reflection on the glass we can see back through the windows behind him.…But, I mean, where did the interior of the car go?…I mean, you know, we're sort of getting totally crushed on the seats.…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.