Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing the shots, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Rich Harrington: For many of you, working in the non-layer editor is…going to be the beginning and the end point for your color workflow.…And this is fine, this is perferctly normal for lots of video workflow.…So, let's explore some of the options you have when working with an NLE.…In this particular shot, I took the one where things were mostly good.…This is where we didn't add any light in the…field, but we made this work with the overall shot.…And I'm going to start with just a Fast Color Corrector.…This would be like a one-way color corrector or single…color corrector that a, a lot of folks would use.…
And, really Rob, I think the, the key here, ignoring color…and everything else is just doing a simple levels adjustment, right?…Robbie Carman: Yeah, and this is going to vary depending on…the NLE that you're in, we're just using Premiere Pro here.…But you're doing a simple contrast adjustment and inside of…Premiere, that's really going to be with your input levels there.…The control that Rich…is dragging right now would be for my mid-tones.…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.