Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing with plugins, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Robbie Carman: So Rich, in previous movies, we took a look at using the NLE.…Rich Harrington: Yeah.…Robbie Carman: To do some color correction on this this back-lit scene.…We jumped over to Adobe SpeedGrade but really…it could have been any dedicated color tool.…Now in this movie, we're going to talk about using a tool I don't think a…lot of people would think of for fixing…shots like this, and that's using Adobe After Effects.…Rich Harrington: Yeah and After Effects has its own tools where we can relight…or you can actually use third party plugins, and so we'll do 2 things.…I'll show you something that's After Effects specific.…And then I'll show you some plugins that work…over in any NLE, including Final Cut 10, Avid, etc.…
Robbie Carman: Cool.…Rich Harrington: So let's start with something After Effects…specific, which is we can actually add a light.…And we could add ambient light to this scene.…Let's just reset that, so it goes back to a white color.…But what I'll do is I'll lower the overall intensity…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Intermediate
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.