Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing with SpeedGrade, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Rich Harrington: Rob, you are an expert at all things color grading, and, you know.…He's going to be shy, but let me tell you.…He makes his bread and butter doing this.…His job is to take people's shots that look okay, and make them look great.…Or even, let's be honest, like oh, we could never use that shot.…And then, Rob throws voodoo magic at it and it turns out looking pretty good.…So I'm going to put him on the spot here.…And I just sort of jokingly said, well why don't you take the…worst shot and make it usable?…And without flinching, because probably that's what…he does all the time, he's like, okay.…
Rich: So Rob, we're in speed grade.…And this, I can safely say, is a terrible shot.…Robbie Carman: Yeah, I'm sure in this shot full…screen, so you get the full effect of it.…And yeah, we discussed this previously.…We got nice exposure on the windows back there, previously, you know.…Nice and exposed properly, but we got nothing in him.…We see a little bit of his face, but.…Rich: Yeah. Robbie:…This is looking horrible, and I'll be honest with you, Rich,…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.