Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a gobo with a transparency projector, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Hi, I'm Professor Ravi, and today in math class,…no, I'm kidding.…This is just so funny.…- This is so old school.…This brings back so many memories…of people writing with the pens on…the transparency sheets.…- Yeah, we have an overhead projector,…and if you're old enough,…like Rich and I, we had these in class…instead of fancy flat screens and touch boards…and all that kind of stuff.…But, Rich, this is a practical thing…to have on set.…The overhead projector, of course, literally…just looks down on what is on this…light table, and then projects it…onto something up here, and of course,…that could be a projection screen.…
But in the case of doing productions,…you could use this as sort of a…digital gobo, or a sort of gobo light,…or another way of doing it.…- What's happened here is I've just…taken the logo into an application…like Photoshop or Illustrator…and made it negative, white on black,…and then just printed it out.…What we have here is actually five or six…transparencies, the exact same thing…printed multiple times, and we just…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 56s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.