Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating backdrops with effects glass, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now Rich, gobos come in a lot of different forms,…metal, cut your own.…We got a glass one, and glass is pretty fancy here…because it's going to provide a couple different things.…- Yeah.…- Really good light transparency, right?…So you're going to get a little bit more texture…and granularity to the gobo.…And the thing I really like about these…is that the options for what is inside of them…are a little bit more nuance than what's possible…with just kind of cutting a frame, if you will,…in a piece of metal or a piece of foam board.…- [Rich] With a metal gobo,…it tends to just be a silhouette.…But now that it's a flat, clear surface…that we could print on, this opens up options…for full-color logos, complex things,…or just really interesting organic patterns.…
And as you see here, with the example that we're showing…on set, we can actually make this soft or crisp,…and it's an instant way to take a flat, boring wall…and splash it with a bunch of different color.…- Totally, now I have one word of advice.…These things get broken all the time.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 56s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.