Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling the Lume Cube, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- So Rich, on first appearances this is just kind of like…a GoPro Session, but a light.…Obviously, there's some buttons on it,…there's a usb port on the back.…But this is actually a lot more than that.…I think what really distinguishes sort of a Lume Cube,…in my mind, is its ability to be controlled remotely.…- Yeah, and they make two versions of an App.…One is free and it allows you to control one light,…and one is called their Pro App and in the United States,…it's currently at $2.99.…Prices can vary, it might go up, it might go down,…of course it varies by country.…
Let's start with the whole act of actually showing you…what the apps do, and then we'll pair a new light to it.…So, I'm going to launch the standard app here,…and this light has already been connected.…Now what you're seeing here is right now,…it says everything is disconnected.…We have to wake that light up,…so tap the button on the right.…Just a little tap, and it may do a quick little trigger.…So now it should be in pairing mode and if we've had one…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 56s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.