Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Benefits of LED lighting, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now LED lights are essentially a collection…of small LEDs, usually arranged into some sort of pattern.…We got two different manufacturers here,…Jim, which one do you have there?…- This is made by Rosco, it's from the LitePad family.…And they come in all different sizes.…You could stick it into just about any place secretly…and hide lights and get a nice, efficient daylight,…soft daylight.…- Yeah, and these are really designed to put off…a lot of light, although they're not as bright…as some of the options we'll explore this week.…
But what I like about this particular kit…is I've got three of these that fit into a Pelican case,…and we've got modifiers.…Why would you put a grid like this…in front of the LED lighting?…- Well, the way a lot of these are designed,…and they do make Fresnel versions of LEDs now,…but a lot of these soft light designs…tend to spread the light in such a way…that it's a little harder to control without a lot of…flagging and grip work.…So these little louver grid type dealies…allow you to directionalize the light, if you will,…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Intermediate
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Intermediate
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.