Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Battery-operated LED lights, part of DSLR Video Tips: Lighting.
Rich Harrington: So I've dragged the entire crew out into the woods.…Robbie Carman: For mosquito bites really.…Rich: Absolutely, yeah.…There's lots of really big mosquitoes here.…And I've been wandering around looking for power plugs…for the last half hour, and I can't find any.…Robbie: Well I saw one on a couple trees back. Okay.…Rich: Oh.…They keep sending me on snipe hunts too.…But we gave up on looking for power outlets and…instead we're going with some, alternate ways of powering lights.…And our first one that we have here.…You've got one,…I've got one. Are just little micro panels here.…And I can turn this on, and using AA batteries, it's puttin' out some light.…
Robbie: Yeah, I mean, these as little fills, or you know, in a tight spot.…Like we'll be in a moment, like in a car. Make a whole lot of sense.…They throw off a nice, you know, relatively soft light.…Flattering light. Rich: Yeah.…Robbie: And they can go anywhere with these things.…Have somebody hold them.…You know, put them on a dashboard. Rich: And that's what's great.…
- Moving lights off-center
- Controlling exposure in bright areas
- Using ND filters and matte boxes
- Overpowering a backlight
- Maximizing available light with reflectors and shiny boards
- Using battery-operated LEDs and flashlights
- Enhancing shots in post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Technical Knowledgewith Richard Harrington4h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Can I Attach Lights to the Camera?
Moving lights off-center3m 42s
2. How Do I Control Exposure and Depth of Field in Bright Light?
3. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Production?
4. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Available Light?
5. How Do I Light without Electrical Outlets Using Alternate Sources?
6. How Do I Deal with Backlit Subjects in Post-Production?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.