Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a virtual gobo with Tiffen Dfx, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- Now Rich a tool that I've actually used before…for kind of color correcting purposes,…for final finishing purposes, is the suite of tools…from Tiffen, for doing various lighting effects,…and it just so happens that one of the tools that they have…is a Gobo tool.…- Yeah Tiffen Dfx is actually a piece of software,…and we have a full title available here on Lynda.com…that you can check out.…But it allows you to do all sorts of things.…One of those things is a whole suite of lighting plug-ins…that does all sort of things like relighting a face.…But one of my favorites is just a plug-in…that allows you to add light,…and then it has Gobos built in, digital Gobos.…
Now Rob earlier you mentioned the whole collection…and how Rosco has these.…Tiffen and Rosco work together so you will find…the entire digital catalog there.…- I really like this a lot Rich…because sometimes when you're doing final finishing work…like color grading and doing effects work,…this is the time that you want to kind of…layer those things in and texture them.…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.