Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessories on a budget, part of Video Gear: Lighting.
- One of the things to realize about LED lighting…is that it is a more expensive investment.…- After all, you're going to be buying lots of new options,…and just as far as lights go,…they tend to be more expensive than…some of the their traditional counterparts.…Yeah, I mean, if you went with the old tungsten model,…with the little airy light kit or…a Mole Richardson light kit, of course…you're saving a great deal on the initial investment,…but you have to work a little harder to get…the same results in lots of different situations…that you might get a little easier…by investing a little bit more in these.…
- Now, over time, not only do you have to work harder,…but in many traditional lights you had to buy…additional bulbs.…Like we often shoot with Kenopho lights,…but I can tell you that there've been plenty of times…we've arrived after an aeroplane flight,…to a suitcase filled with broken glass.…These are a little bit more robust,…and they are theoretically going to last for a long time,…right Jim?…- I've had some of them going on 10, and 11, 12, years now,…
- Lighting with LEDs
- Creating affordable textured backdrops
- Creating a hand-cut gobo
- Using precut metal gobos and virtual gobos
- Lighting with the Lume Cube
- Shooting pure white and pure black backdrops
- Using small portable and battery-operated lights
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Corporate and Documentary Video Lightingwith Eduardo Angel28m 52s Appropriate for all
DSLR Video Tips: Cameras & Lenseswith Richard Harrington8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Lighting with LEDs
2. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 1
3. Creating Textured Backdrops Using Only Lights, Part 2
4. Lighting with the Lume Cube
5. How Do I Shoot a Pure White Backdrop?
6. Using Small Lights
7. How Do I Shoot a Pure Black Backdrop?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.