Brian Block teaches the basics of working with REAPER's track and transport systems. Using a pre-constructed project, you'll learn how to handle playback, set your time signature and BPM, and how the transport and individual tracks are related to one another. You'll also learn how to manage multiple tracks by moving or grouping them.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at what's it's like…working with multiple tracks.…We've got some tracks here to look at.…Let's see how we can manipulate and organize our media.…Go ahead and click on one of the media items to select it.…Notice how it changed color.…That's a visual cue to tell you that you…have a particular item selected.…Also, notice that I called it a media item.…If you're familiar with Pro Tools or other work stations,…you might see things like this…referred to as clips or regions, same thing.…Media item in Reaper is a visual representation…of an audio file or video file and that's it.…
You can move that media item around on the timeline…by clicking and dragging.…Notice how it's snapping to the grid.…We have grid snapping turned on in the tool bar.…We can turn that on or off, and if I turn it off…I can freely move this media item around.…Turn it back on, and now it's snapping to the grid lines.…Also, notice when I click, that little red line…follows me around.…That's the play head.…It indicates where you'll start in the song…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.