Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Splitting and trimming items, part of Learning REAPER 5.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at two of the most…common editing tasks: split and trim.…Splitting allows you to make two or more media items…from one longer one.…Since it's really easy to do this in Reaper,…let's just jump right in.…I want to focus on this vocal track here on the bottom.…Let's take a listen.…♫ Every second every hour…♫ I am calling for you…♫ Calling for you…♫ Every second every hour…♫ I am calling for your heart…♫ A-MAR-IL-IO ♫…Let's say I wanted to take that first part there…and separate it from the rest of the recording.…
Maybe put it on its own track.…To find a good spot to do that,…I'm gonna put my play head here right before the drums…and the guitar come in and now to make a split…in this media item, I'm gonna hit S on my keyboard.…It's the same on Mac and PC.…Now this media item is separated…into two distinct media items.…I can move this new item down to a new track…by clicking and dragging.…Notice how Reaper just automatically makes a new track…for me when I move something down there.…Like most things we've done so far,…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.