Setting up a new project in REAPER can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. As with everything in REAPER, the new project settings can be customized to make starting a new session painless. In this video, Brian Block will show you how to start from scratch and edit the new project defaults so that you can get the most out of REAPER faster.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a few moments to talk about…setting up a brand new project from scratch.…We'll take a look at how to set up a project directory…and how to adjust some basic project settings.…Before we start though, let's make a quick adjustment…to make our lives a bit easier.…Go to the Reaper menu and go to preferences,…and then we're gonna find the project menu.…Check the box that says prompt to save on new project.…Why does this make our lives easier?…Well by default, Reaper will just begin a new project…when I click new project.…
It would be up to me to save it.…By checking prompt to save on new project,…I'm telling Reaper to save, name, and direct the project…file before I even begin working.…Of course you don't have to do this,…but it saves the headache of setting up directories…after you've already started working on your project.…Hit apply and then we'll close the window.…Now we're ready to create a new project.…Hit that first button in your toolbar…to create a new project.…It's asking me if I wanna save the project I was working on.…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.