Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Prevent accidents with locking, part of Learn REAPER 5: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] Once you have a larger project on your hands,…accidents can happen.…Media items can get nudged, automation points…get shuffled around, volume handles get bumped.…Reaper's Locking Tools can help mitigate the worry,…that you accidentally touched something you shouldn't have.…In Reaper, you can lock just about anything…about media items to prevent mistakes.…Locking can be toggled on and off,…using this button in the toolbar.…But it doesn't really do anything,…unless we tell Reaper what we wanna lock down.…Right-click on the button to see the settings.…As you can see, you can select a number…of different elements to lock.…
I'll choose Items Full, and then Enable Locking.…Let's see what happens.…Notice how all my media items have been greyed out.…If I try to move them, or even select them, I can't.…Let's say I wanted to be able to select them,…but not move them.…I'll right-click on the button again,…and Unchecked Items Full, and then Check Items,…Prevent Left-Right Movement, Up-Down Movement.…So now I can select them, but I can't move 'em around.…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.