Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing a ripple edit, part of Learning REAPER 5.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at how to perform…a ripple edit, which is designed to keep your media items…from developing gaps while you edit.…So I've got a vocal track here and I'm gonna zoom in…a little bit so I can see it better…and then stretch my track out so I can see the wave form.…There we go.…So what I'm gonna do here is I'm gonna make…a time selection by clicking in the timeline and dragging…and then I'm gonna make a split within that timeline.…So I have three distinct media items.…So I'll hold Shift and hit the S key.…
So now I have three distinct items.…With ripple editing turned off, if I delete this item,…the beginning and end stay where they are…with this empty space in between.…This might be useful if I was trying to take out…a breath or some other odd sound,…but keep the timing of the track intact.…I'm gonna go ahead and do that with Command Z.…The alternative to that is a ripple edit.…A ripple edit will keep the remaining pieces of that…media item flush against each other.…
Let's try it.…In the toolbar, this button will enable ripple editing.…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.