Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing your tracks, part of Learning REAPER 5.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at mixing a REAPER project.…Mixing is the process of adjusting the volume…and effects levels of your project…to create a more pleasing listening experience.…For mixing purposes, we're going to use…this example project.…This one is a nearly-complete version of…the song we've been working on…over the course of the last couple of chapters.…As you can see, we've got 11 tracks,…and if you play it,…♫ Every second every hour…♫ I'm calling for you…♫ Calling for you…♫ Every second every hour…♫ I'm calling for your heart on the radio…♫ La la la la la la…♫ La la la la la la…♫ La la la la…♫ La la la la la la ♫…All the tracks are kind of at the same level…of volume, which is really blowing out my Master output,…as you can see here by this peak light.…
We're gonna fix that.…The tracks are also in kind of a random order.…We need to fix that too, before we even begin mixing.…One of the most important qualities of a successful…project of this size is organization.…It makes sense to organize your tracks by the…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.