Once you get the hang of using REAPER, you may find yourself working on the same types of projects all the time. If that's the case, REAPER's project templates will make creating your sessions even easier. In this video, Brian Block will show you how to make custom templates so that you can start a project with your tracks already set up and ready to record.
- [Voiceover] Let's talk about…how we can make creating projects even easier…with project templates.…Let's say you use the same project set up all the time.…You're recording a band, and you're going to use…the same six track set up every time you do it.…Rather than opening up REAPER…and creating and setting up six tracks…every time you make a new session,…you can use a template to save that set up…and use it over and over again.…Let's try it.…In this blank project I'm going to create…six tracks by pressing Command + T.…
That's Control + T on a PC.…There's six.…Now I'm just going to go ahead…and double click in this space here to name my tracks.…So we'll go with general drums,…and I'm tabbing to go down to the next one,…say guitar one, guitar two, base, and keys.…Okay. I've got them all named.…Let's try another way to customize our session.…
I'm going to shift select all of my tracks.…That means holding Shift while I click on them.…I can select multiples this way,…or I can hold Command on a mac, Control on a PC…to select them individually.…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.