Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Fading and crossfading items, part of Learning REAPER 5.
- [Voiceover] Every so often, you might find it necessary…for a part of a song to fade in or out.…You can adjust the volume of the track…but that affects everything on the track…and you can't really get that gradual fade to stick.…In Reaper, it's really easy to create fade in's and out's.…Let's focus on the keyboard track for a moment.…I'm gonna zoom in a little bit,…and then I'm gonna drag this down…so I can see the wave form.…There we go!…I'm also gonna solo this track.…In case you haven't played around…with these controls before,…these controls allow you to mute and solo the track.…
Muting will mute this track entirely.…Now we don't hear it at all,…and solo will play only this track.…(electronic music)…You can mute and solo as many tracks as you want.…With the keyboard solo'd,…I'm gonna place my cursor over the…upper left hand corner of the media item.…This icon here, indicates that…I can click and drag a fade in.…Let's go ahead and do that.…
As I drag, you can see this line…indicating the length of the fade.…Notice also how the waveform skews…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.