Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying, pasting, and duplicating, part of Learning REAPER 5.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at the guitar track.…I'm gonna go ahead and extend this track vertically…by clicking down here at the bottom of it and dragging.…I'm also gonna zoom in just a little bit.…There we go.…Because it's only been recorded for that one section…it doesn't extend to the rest of the song.…So let's say I wanted this guitar part to repeat…exactly as it is later in the song.…I'm not gonna rerecord it, since it's just a supplemental…part anyways.…I'd like to just copy it and paste it.…
Luckily Reaper handles copying and pasting just…like most other software.…You can use the same keyboard shortcuts…you might be familiar with.…Command C on a Mac and Control C on a PC…will copy this media item if it's selected.…So I'll click it to select it, hit Command C…and now it's copied to my clipboard.…I can paste it anywhere on the timeline…or in any other track by placing the play head…where I want to paste the item and then just…press Command V or Control V on a PC to paste.…
Because I have the guitar track selected…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.