Join Brian Block for an in-depth discussion in this video Add effects to your tracks, part of Learn REAPER 5: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at how to add effects…to your tracks and how to modify…and even save your modifications.…In a given project, you might want to add…a little texture to a track…with a special effect like reverb, delay, or chorus.…There are also built in effects for improving…or enhancing sounds like EQ, pitch adjustment,…and compression, just to name a few.…My goal with this video is not to go through…every effect and how to use it,…but to give you an idea of how to add and edit effects…so that you can experiment on your own.…Let's start by looking at the FX browser.…
To add an effect to a track, click the FX button.…It's right here.…Let's do something fun with this vocal track.…Doing that opens up the FX browser.…Mine opened up in its own window.…If you don't see yours, check in the docker.…Just like any other window,…the FX browser can be docked.…If I just right click down here in this space…and click Dock FX browser to docker.…There we go.…Now it's down here.…The effects plug-ins are organized here…
- Working with menus, windows, tracks, and templates
- Setting up inputs
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Importing media
- Making notes with markers
- Splitting and trimming
- Fading and crossfading
- Adding effects
- Using automation
- Mixing down and exporting a REAPER project
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the REAPER Interface
2. Recording and Importing Media
3. Editing Audio
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.