Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding how to use My Menu, part of Nikon D800 and D810: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- Well, you've seen, throughout this course, how powerful…Nikon's menu system is on…the Nikon D810 and D800 Series cameras.…There's well over a hundred items…and then there's sub-menus.…So, once you've programed your settings, and you want…to get back to certain settings, it's kind of hard…to remember, maybe, where they are located…with so many options for you.…Fortunately, there is something called "My Menu" that allows…you to take the greatest hits of the menu items that you're…going to want to use and change on regular basis,…and put them in one place, so you wont have to remember…where everything is.…
So, I'm going to show you what I've done with My Menu…and then, I'll tell you exactly how easy it is to set up…your own My Menu for your own personal shooting taste.…So, My Menu, as you can see, there's a bunch of different…menu items, and to try and remember where something is…amongst all this is really, kind of hard.…But, at the very bottom is My Menu…and in My Menu, you can see that I've already populated…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making the D800 and D810 far more responsive.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Working in single-point autofocus
- Using dynamic-area and group-area autofocus
- Exploring advanced autofocus in the D800 and D810
- Working in live view
- Reviewing best practices for Nikon shooting