Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your D600 or D610 straight out of the box.
- Powering up and shooting with the scene modes
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Flexible Program mode
- Shooting in continuous low-speed, high-speed, and quiet-shutter-release modes
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
- The Nikon D600 and D610 are great cameras that bring many pro-level features to a wider audience. They are the easiest way and most affordable way to get into full frame shooting on a Nikon body. These two bodies offer compact size, professional controls and a high quality sensor that make for an ideal combination. Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and I'd like to welcome you to this course where we'll explore the essential controls so you can get up and running with a Nikon D610 or D600 camera.
It's important that you understand your gear if you want to consistently make good photos. Sure, you can put the camera into auto mode and trust that you can get pretty good shots from a technical point of view most of the time but there are lots of shooting situations that can confuse your camera such as mixed lighting, a fast moving subject or low overall lighting levels. Knowing how to adjust your camera helps you get the best result. In this course we'll explore the most critical features of your Nikon D610 or D600.
We'll get to know the features that any beginner to intermediate shooter will need to know. You'll learn about the different shooting modes offered by the camera, as well as how to shoot bracketed photos and video. Most importantly you'll learn how to adjust essential camera settings for specific situations to get the best exposure and focus. This class is not a photography course. We won't be going into any deep detail on theory or composition. You can find plenty of courses to explore in the lynda.com library to help you out there. What we will cover though is a detailed look at the D610 and the D600 camera.
This class will help you learn how to use your camera and it's many settings. Go get your camera and keep it close by so you can get hand on as we explore it's many features and controls.
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Programmed Auto Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.