Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Playing back video, part of Up and Running with the Nikon D600 and D610.
- Playing back movies is very similar to…reviewing images on the camera.…Simply press the play button to see…thumbnails of photos and movies.…If the clip is a movie, you'll see a video camera…overlayed on the upper left corner of the icon.…Press the OK button to start the movie playing back.…If you want to pause the movie, push the down arrow…on the multiselector button.…You can then press OK to resume playback.…You can also rewind or advance using…the left or right arrows on the multiselector button.…
If you'd like to fast forward and skip through…some of the frames, just rotate the main command dial…to skip 10 seconds with each turn.…To increase the playback volume, press the QUAL button.…To decrease volume, press ISO.…This'll playback both through the internal speaker…or headphones that you've connected…to the headphone jack on the side of the camera.…If you decide to delete a movie,…it's just like deleting a still image.…Push the trashcan button and then…push it again to confirm deletion.…Remember, you'll see instructions on-screen…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your D600 or D610 straight out of the box.
- Powering up and shooting with the scene modes
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Flexible Program mode
- Shooting in continuous low-speed, high-speed, and quiet-shutter-release modes
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Programmed Auto Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.