Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video More playback options, part of Up and Running with the Nikon D600 and D610.
- View Offline
- As you play back images, there…are additional options available.…Earlier, we took a look at viewing metadata…displays when reviewing images.…This is a very useful feature that…you should take advantage of.…Remember, just push the multi selector button…up or down to change what's being displayed.…You also may wanna change the brightness…of the monitor screen to make it easier to see.…In bright light, you might find that it's easier…to increase the brightness of the monitor so it shows up.…In very low light, you might decrease the intensity.…
Press the MENU button and then choose the setup menu.…From here, you could choose monitor brightness.…If you choose the Auto setting, the camera…will adjust automatically based…upon the ambient lighting conditions.…Just be sure not to cover up the ambient light setting…right back here on the back of the camera.…You can also choose Manual and then use the multi selector.…In this case, press up or down…to change the overall brightness.…While reviewing images, you could take an image…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your D600 or D610 straight out of the box.
- Powering up and shooting with the scene modes
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Flexible Program mode
- Shooting in continuous low-speed, high-speed, and quiet-shutter-release modes
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Programmed Auto Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.