Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use this course, part of Learning the Nikon D5200 and D5300.
- In this course, we'll explore some of the craft skills of photography. Specifically, you'll learn how to use your particular camera. Think of this as the button pushing skills that will help you know how to configure your camera for particular types of light. You'll also learn how to adjust exposure and capture motion. In this course, I'll assume you have a basic knowledge of key photographic terms. We'll also put up graphics any time there's a related course that will help you go deeper into the theory that's being discussed. This course assumes that you know nothing about your camera.
I'm teaching you from the assumption that you just pulled the camera out of the box. And that you want to get shooting as quickly as possible. With that in mind, let's begin.
- Getting ready to shoot
- Shooting in scene modes
- Working with the built-in flash
- Changing ISO
- Focusing with modes or by hand
- Understanding shutter release mode
- Switching metering modes
- Shooting with an external flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look at the Camera
3. Shooting in Programmed Auto Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
Using the self-timer2m 20s
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.