Get up to speed quickly with the essential features and controls of the Nikon D3200 and D3300 cameras.
- View Offline
- The Nikon D3300 and D3200 are great mid-range DSLR's that provide an ideal combination of smaller size and power. As well as balancing out image quality and connectivity. Hi, my name is Rich Harrington and I'd like to welcome you to this course where we'll explore all of the essential controls so you can get up and running with a Nikon D3300 or 3200 camera. It's important that you understand your gear if you want to make consistently good photos. Sure, you could put the camera into auto mode and trust that you can get pretty good shots from a technical point of view most of the time, but there are lots of shooting situations that can cause a camera to be confused such as mixed lighting, fast moving subjects, or low light levels.
Knowing how to adjust your camera helps you get the best results. Now in this course we'll explore the most critical features of your Nikon D3300 or 3200. We'll get to know the features that any beginner or intermediate shooter are going to need to use. You'll learn about the different shooting modes offered by the camera. As well as how to shoot panoramic photos and HD videos. We'll also show you how to share those photos and videos wirelessly. Most importantly you'll learn how to adjust essential camera settings for specific situations to get the best exposure and focus.
Now, this class is not a photography course. We won't be going deep into any details on theory or composition. You can find plenty of those courses to explore in the Lynda.com library. What we will cover is a detailed look at the D3300 and D3200 cameras. This class will help you learn how to use your camera and its many settings. So go get your camera and keep it close by so you can get hands on as we explore its many features and controls.
Knowing how your camera works will always help you get the best results. Watch this course to learn how to adjust settings of the D3200 or D3300 for the best exposure and focus in any shooting scenario.
- Getting ready to shoot with Nikon D3200 or D3300
- Shooting in scene modes
- Working with the built-in flash
- Focusing with modes or by hand
- Changing ISO
- Using autofocus
- Understanding shutter release modes
- Switching exposure measuring modes
- Shooting video
- Working with optional wireless and GPS add-ons