This video explains how to use more advanced map function.
- [Presenter] In this section…we're going to prepare our data…ready for making a stacked area chart.…Stacked area charts are more complex to code…than basic area charts because each layer has to sit…precisely on top of the layer below.…With our previous area chart…we set the y nought value to height…because we wanted to the bottom of the chart…to run along the x axis…but now any layer other than the bottom layer…will need dynamic y nought values.…D3 helps us to calculate these values…with a generator called stack.…
We're going to go back to using d3.html now.…So we can close voronoi.html…and then we can create a new file…which we're going to save as stack…and then if we open d3.html…we need to re-reference that like so.…If you have access to the Exercise Files…you can open up data2.xml and if you don't have access…please copy what's on the screen in front of you.…You don't need all of the data points that we have here.…
The first five or so will do…but you do need to keep the structure.…And the structure that we have,…
- Making a simple bar chart with D3
- Understanding SVG graphics
- Drawing basic shapes
- Adding text
- Using generators and the path element
- Creating a scale and axes
- Importing data into D3
- Creating trees and Voronoi tessellations
- Preparing your data for advanced graphics
- Adding interactivity and transitions
- Choosing the right graphic
- Finding D3.js plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization for Data Analystswith Bill Shander1h 31m Beginner
Learning Data Visualization (2014)with Bill Shander3h 41m Beginner
2. Making a Simple Bar Chart with D3
3. Basic Shapes, Courtesy of SVG
4. Advanced Shapes, with D3 and Path
5. Scales and Axes
6. Importing Data into D3
7. Additional Graphics with D3 Layout
8. Preparing Your Data for Advanced Graphics
10. Picking the Right Graphic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.