This video explains how to make a voronoi graphic.
- [Instructor] D3 isn't just for charts.…It's great at physical simulations and spatial mapping, too.…So I'm going to show you how to make a diagram…you might never have heard of.…Imagine you have a map in front of you,…and it shows all the gas stations on it as little dots.…You're frequently running low on fuel…because you drive all over the region.…And you want a graphic that will always be able to tell you…which is the closest gas station.…One way of doing this would be…to superimpose a Voronoi diagram over your map.…And that's what this is here.…
You can copy and paste the setup from d3.html if you like.…
- Making a simple bar chart with D3
- Understanding SVG graphics
- Drawing basic shapes
- Adding text
- Using generators and the path element
- Creating a scale and axes
- Importing data into D3
- Creating trees and Voronoi tessellations
- Preparing your data for advanced graphics
- Adding interactivity and transitions
- Choosing the right graphic
- Finding D3.js plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization for Data Analystswith Bill Shander1h 31m Beginner
2. Making a Simple Bar Chart with D3
3. Basic Shapes, Courtesy of SVG
4. Advanced Shapes, with D3 and Path
5. Scales and Axes
6. Importing Data into D3
7. Additional Graphics with D3 Layout
8. Preparing Your Data for Advanced Graphics
10. Picking the Right Graphic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.